28/29. November 2017 – New York: 70 Years UN-vote – a kairos-moment, to come before the Lord to pray for the nations and Israel!
From Harald Eckert
70 years ago, on November 29, 1947, in a moment of rare soberness and unity, the General Assembly of the United Nations voted with a two-third vote for the re-establishment of the modern state of Israel. However, despite the hopeful beginning, the UN became a place of loneliness, manipulation and even blank hatred for Israel in the following decades, under the growing influence of the largest block of the UN, the Moslem block. The words of Psalm 2 came to life: “Why do the nations conspire and the peoples plot in vain…” (Verse 1).
But the Lord has kept his hand over Israel and although being surrounded by enemies, both in the Middle East and in the UN, Israel has blossomed and grown under the favor and blessing of God Almighty.
Soon the historic vote of 1947 will be commemorated for the 70th time within the UN and around the world. This is a prophetic kairos-moment, a unique moment for intercessors who love Israel and who carry a loving concern for their own nation, to come together in New York and pray for Israel as well as for the nation they are a part of.
Here are seven biblical reasons, to seriously consider joining the prayer conference in New York on November 28/29, 2017:
- “Those nations who bless Israel, will be blessed and those nations who curse Israel, will be cursed” (Gen. 12,3). I would encourage you to take a moment and google the voting track record of your nation within the UN as it comes to Israel. Does this track record display an expression of blessing Israel or cursing Israel? If it is the first, please come and pray that your nation has the strength to continue. If it is the second, please come and repent on behalf of your nation and plead for mercy before the throne of God.
- “These are the clans of Noah’s sons, according to their lines of descent, within their nations. From these the nations spread out over the earth after the flood.” (Gen. 10,32) The number of the nations which came forth from the three sons of Noah and their wives is seventy (70). Israel came out of exile after 70 years. At the Paris-conference in early 2017 the enemies of Israel tried to gather 70 nations because of the symbolic and prophetic meaning of this biblical number. 7x10 talks about fullness, completeness and, in our context, about the fullness of nations, the family of nations coming out of an exile, which, also in this context, means out of an anti-Israel bias.
- “On that day I will set out to destroy all the nations that attack Jerusalem.” (Zech. 12,9) There will come an end-time judgment on the nations that do not align themselves with the plans and promises of God regarding Israel and Jerusalem. But God is calling a priestly remnant in every nation to bless Israel and to stand in the gap for their nation, to be a blessing for Israel and not an enemy.
- “He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.” (Matth. 25,33) Nations will be judged according to how they have treated the “least of the brethren of Jesus”. This term can have more than one meaning, but we shall not overlook the option that it primarily has a literal meaning, namely that Jesus is talking about His brethren according to the flesh in this prophetic parable. In other words: Nations will be judged according to how they have treated the Jewish people and Israel in their time of need! For intercessors, this 70-year anniversary of the historic UN vote is a powerful opportunity to pray for your nation that it will become a “sheep-nation”.
- “Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations, as he fights on a day of battle. On that day his feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, east of Jerusalem, and the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west, …the Lord will strike all the nations that fought against Jerusalem:” (Zach 14,3-4 + 12) As the Lord returns to the Mount of Olives, He in person will judge the armies of those nations who battled against Jerusalem. If the UN one day may decide to send armed UN-“peace forces” against Israel in order to force their “peace-plan” on Jerusalem, how will your nation decide? Will it send or support those armies – or not?
- “… and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” (Gen. 12,3) God’s deepest desire is to bless the nations – to bless our nation! Even those nations which have turned against Israel in the spirit of Babel for a time. If they repent and turn back with an attitude of respect and fairness towards Israel, God will bless that nation. If this applies to your nation, He will turn His face towards your nation in mercy and favor. He does not want to judge. He wants to bless and to make your nation blossom!
- “ … and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations..” (Rev. 22,2) God loves your nation! He wants to bless your nation! He wants to heal your nation!!! But the God of Israel and father of our Lord Jesus can only do this for nations who humble themselves. As they bless Israel, they will detach themselves from the Babylonian spirit of pride, greed and merciless power gain. And the Lord will bless, heal and honor those nations who have the courage to choose and continually walk on this track.
For all these and many more biblical reasons we as “Global Prayer Call” encourage you to seize this kairos-moment to come to New York, honor the Lord as the God of history, pray for Israel and stand in the gap for your nation regarding its relationship to the Jewish people and Israel!
Resolution 181 final vote
On 29 November 1947, the United Nations General Assembly voted 33 to 13, with 10 abstentions and 1 absent, in favour of the modified Partition Plan.
In favour (33 countries, 72% of voting): Australia, Belgium, Bolivia, Brazil, Byelorussian SSR, Canada, Costa Rica, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, France, Guatemala, Haiti, Iceland, Liberia, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, South Africa, Soviet Union, Sweden, Ukrainian SSR, United States, Uruguay, Venezuela
Against (13 countries, 28% of voting): Afghanistan, Cuba, Egypt, Greece, India, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Turkey, Yemen
Abstentions (10 countries): Argentina, Chile, China, Colombia, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Honduras, Mexico, United Kingdom, Yugoslavia
Absent (1 country): Thailand