GPC Prayer topics for the African Union (AU) – summer 2016 – Netanyahu coming to Africa in July
1) From the 10th to the 18th of July, the next AU Summit meets in Kigali Rwanda. Pray for the meetings to move towards greater favor for Israel and a deeper understanding of Israel’s situation and perspective. Especially among the Christian members of the delegations.
2) Dr. Specioza Wandira Kazibwe from Uganda has a chance to become next chairwoman of the AU. She has served as vice-president of Uganda, among other things, and is known among the evangelical community in Uganda as a God-fearing person with a good character. Pray for her that the Lord will put her into this important position and help her to fill it in a way that is in line with His plans and purposes.
3) Israeli Prime minister Netanyahu will come to East-Africa early July. He will stop in Uganda around July 4, the first time ever in his time in office. One of the major reasons for the timing of his visit is the 40th anniversary of the Entebbe rescue operation where his brother was killed by Idi Amin's soldiers. Please pray for a breakthrough in relationships with the nations he visits. Pray especially that this visit will take Uganda-Israel relations to a new level.
4) The most important strategic prayer topic is for Israel to be granted observer status at the AU (as the Palestinian Authority has). This is a topic, which many of us should take up as a persistent prayer!
5) Some of our friends in the wider GPC African network have contacts to decision makers in AU-member nations. Please pray for wisdom and the guidance of the Holy Spirit as to how to maintain, re-establish or deepen these relationships for the sake of Israel.
6) Please pray especially for the key African nations of Nigeria, South-Africa, Uganda and Ethiopia with regard to African-Israeli relations. Pray especially:
a. For Christian politicians in those nations involved in foreign-policy or who have access to or relationships with decision-makers in that field and
b. For intercessors with a national profile and calling in those nations: To be led by the Holy Spirit as to how they should apply their priestly and prophetic mandate with regard to the relationship of their leaders to Israel.